Maximum altitude: 5200 Meters (Santa Rosa pass).
Duration: 10 days – 9 nights.
Preferred time: April to October.
Location: Cordillera Huayhuash.
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ -3°C to – 1°C at night.
Distance: 128 Km
The Huayhuash trek on mountain range is one of the most beautiful treks in the world – and it’s easy to believe.
The villages Pocpa and Llamac are usually the trailheads for this trek.
The entire length of the Cordillera Huayhuash ranges only 30 km but within its compact area lays amazing towering peaks. At almost every turn, you come face to face with glistening vertical walls of ice, snow and rock. Beautiful lakes, different kind or births and Keep an eye out for the massive Andean Condors and for Siula Grande 6,344 m.s.n.m , the site where popular book and motion picture “Touching the Void” took place!
3-5 people: 3000 soles per person
6-8 people: 2400 soles per person
9-15 people: 2000 soles per person
Camping fees (This varies per year, please ask current rate, approx. 260 soles)
Day 1: Leaving Huaraz at 9am, arrive to the first campsite at 3pm after a lunch stop in Chiquian. There is no hiking on the first day. After arriving, relax and enjoy the view of Rondoy mountain and the valley, where there is often spectacular sunsets.
Day 2: There is an early morning wake up to start hiking up 2.5 hours to reach the first pass at 4,700m. Then hike downhill approximately 400m to reach the campsite Mitucocha at 4,200m.
Day 3: Start the day with another uphill hike for the Fossil pass at 4,800m. Then there will be a short side trip to a mirador to enjoy a spectacular view of the second highest mountain in Peru. Arrive to the campsite Carhuacocha at 4,280m after 6 hours.
Day 4: There is another early morning wake up to start hiking uphill to the pass at 4,810m. Today will be the famous 3 lagunas viewpoint. Approximately 8 hours hiking. Campsite Huayhuash is a 4,350m altitude.
Day 5: Wake up early for the Trapecio pass at 5,041m, with an optional 40 extra minutes of hiking to reach the glacier Then descend while passing 5 beautiful lakes to reach the campsite Cuyoc at 4,400m. Approximately 6-7 hours of hiking to reach the campsite. It is also optional to hike 2 hours from the campsite to San Antonio pass at 5,100m OR leave from campsite Huayhuash to go to the hot springs, which will take approximately 5 hours
Day 6: Today will be one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the Huayhuash trek, the Santa Rosa pass. Here Suila Grande can be seen, the mountain made famous by the book and movie Touching the Void. 19km of walking which takes approximately 9 hours with breaks and lunch. The campsite is in the village of Huayllapa at 3,487m.
Day 7: The day will start early to walk 4-5 hours up to Tapush Pass at 4,800m. There will be a lunch stop on or before the pass before continuing to the campsite at 4,400m. 13 km and 7 hours of walking.
Day 8: Reach Yaucha Pass at 4,800m 1.5 hours after leaving the campsite. Then there will be a 1 hour side trip to see a mirador of 2 lakes. Then descend to the campsite at 4,000m.
Day 9: Enjoy a late wake up and hike around the lagunas to reach the mirador after 2 hours. Then, have free time to enjoy the mirador or relax at camp. Stay at the same campsite as the night before.
Day 10: Walk 5 hours/16km of flat and downhill to walking to reach the village of Llamac. After arriving to the village, meet the car that will drive back to Huaraz 4 hours.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.…
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinks, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and Tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian options available, dessert, hot wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport to trailhead)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Entrance Fee (220 soles approximately)
- Personal trekking gear
- First day breakfast
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food (restaurant) and beverages
- Personal spending
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.
- Missing Something? Ask Us