For the Alternate route (10 Days also, click here)
Maximum altitude: 5200 Meters (Santa Rosa pass).
Duration: 6 days
Preferred time: April to October.
Location: Cordillera Huayhuash.
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ -3°C to – 1°C at night.
Distance: 70 Km
The Huayhuash trek on the mountain range is one of the most beautiful treks in the world – and it’s easy to believe.
The villages Pocpa and Llamac are usually the trailheads for this trek.
The entire length of the Cordillera Huayhuash ranges only 30 km but within its compact area lays amazing towering peaks. At almost every turn, you come face to face with glistening vertical walls of ice, snow and rock. Beautiful lakes, different kinds of birds and keep an eye out for the massive Andean Condors and for Siula Grande 6,344 m.s.n.m , the site where the popular book and motion picture “Touching the Void” took place!
3-5 people: 2500 soles per person
6-9 people: 1800 soles per person
1-15 people: 1400 soles per person
Camping fees (This varies per year, please ask current rate, approx. 260 soles
Day 1: Leaving Huaraz at 9am, arrive to the first campsite at 3pm aŌer a lunch stop in Chiquian. There is no hiking on the first day. After arriving, relax and enjoy the view of Rondoy mountain and the valley, where there is often spectacular sunsets.
Day 2: There is an early morning wake up to start hiking up 2.5 hours to reach the first pass at 4,700m. Then hike downhill approximately 400m before another uphill hike for the second pass at 4,650m. Arrive to the campsite Carhuacocha at 4,280m around 4:30pm.
Day 3: There is another early morning wake up to start hiking uphill to the pass at 4,810m. Today will be the famous 3 lagunas viewpoint. Approximately 8 hours hiking. Campsite Huayhuash is a 4,350m aƫtude.
Day 4: Wake up early for the Trapasio pass at 5,041m, with an opƟonal 40 extra minutes of hiking to reach the glacier Then descend while passing 5 beauƟful lakes to reach the campsite Cuyoc at 4,400m. Approximately 6-7 hours of hiking to reach the campsite. It is also optional to hike 2 hours from the campsite to San Antonio pass at 5,100m.
Day 5: Today will be one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the Huayhuash trek, the Santa Rosa pass. Here Suila Grande can be seen, the mountain made famous by the book and movie Touching the Void. 19km of walking which takes approximately 9 hours with breaks and lunch. The campsite is in the village of Huayllapa at 3,487m.
Day 6: waking up at 1am in Huayllapa, say goodbye to the staff and take a car to Barranca on the coast. From Barranca there is an option to go by bus back to Huaraz or conƟnue to Lima. Both the bus to Huaraz or Lima are not included in the price of the trek.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.…
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinks, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and Tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian options available, dessert, hot wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport to trailhead)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Entrance Fee (220 soles approximately)
- Personal trekking gear
- First day breakfast
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food (restaurant) and beverages
- Personal spending
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.
- Missing Something? Ask Us