Maximum altitude: 4850 meters
Duration: 7 days – 6 nights.
Best Season: April to October.
Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Day 01: Transfer from Huaraz in a bus to start point of the trek, Hualcayán, our staff will be waiting for us and start to climb reaching 4320 meters on that day. If weather permits we will witness an amazing sunset in the Cordillera Negra, located in front of our first camp in Huishcash.
Day 02: On this day we will reach the highest point of the trek, Toro Pishtanan pass at 4850 meters, the effort is rewarded with the sight of beautiful green turquoise Laguna Cullicocha at 4630 meters, then descend to Osoruri at 4300 meters, in Quechua native language “place of the bear” camp site.
Day 03: We start the day in directions of the Alpamayo pass at 4750 meters and one hour before reaching our camp, we will have the magnificient view of the Alpamayo mountain at its best and then arrive to Jancarurish camp at 4200 meters.
Day 04: Today it will be a loop day, we will stay in the same camp. We will hike up up 3-4 hours until near the Laguna Jancarurish to observe the Alpamayo mountain (5947 meters).
Day 05: We will walk down to Mesapampa to get directly the second pass, at 4500m meters. From there we see the Safuna lake (4000 meters). Descend towards Huillca area a big place with small families inhabitants. We will sleep around the village of Huillca.
Day 06: Today we will ascend to the Yanacon pass at 4600 meters, from this point it will be possible to see Andean condors. Then descend next to Laguna Saktaycocha to get to our camp in the beautiful plain of Jancapampa at 4200 meters, you will also see locals around our camp.
Day 07: Descend through a beautiful gorge to the village of Pomabamba at 2950 meters. From there we will take a private bus to Huaraz, a 7-8 hours ride.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.…
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinks, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and Tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian options available, dessert, hot wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport to trailhead)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Entrance Fee (60.00 soles)
- Personal trekking gear
- First day breakfast
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food (restaurant) and beverages
- Personal spending
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.
- Missing Something? Ask Us