Maximum altitude: 4765 meters
Duration: 3 days – 2 nights.
Best Season: April to October.
Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dzring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
From Huaraz to Portachuelo we will ride in a bus for 3 hours, passing on the north of the Callejon de Huaylas, we will arrive in the town of Yungay. From there we start to ascend to the Cordillera Blanca on a winding unpaved road, entering the LLanganuco valley past the turquoise lagoons, Chinan Cocha and Orcon Cocha. We will then head to the highest point of our trek, Portachuelo de Llanganuco at 4765 meters, from there the views of the mountains are truly breathtaking: Huascaran north (6650 meters), Huascaran south (6768 meters), Huandoy (6395 meters) Chopicalqui (6345 meters), Pisco (5752 meters) Yanapaccha (5460 meters). From Portachuelo de Llanganuco we will down to our camp site at Chacraraju.
Today we willgo to Laguna 69, at 4400 meters, after enjoying this visit to the stunning Laguna 69 we will walk in the valley surrounded by polylepis trees along the streams, we then will arrive at Cebollapampa camp for the night.
We then will trek along the Lagunas of Llanganuco on the wonderderful Maria Josefa trail and drive back to Huaraz.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs… coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese etc.…
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinks, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and Tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian options available, dessert, hot wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Sleeping bag, synthetic.
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Donkey driver
- 5 Kilos personal Luggage for the Donkeys
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Private transport (if it’s only 3 or 4 people, we us public transport to trailhead)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Entrance Fee (60.00 soles)
- Personal trekking gear
- First day breakfast
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Transfer – Airport/hotel/airport /bus station/Hotel – Lima
- Bus ticket Huaraz/Lima
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food (restaurant) and beverages
- Personal spending
- Emergency Horse
- Hotel in Huaraz.
- Hiking boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece or other)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Linen bath
- Day Backpack – 20-30 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other) seasonal
- Waterproof Layer seasonal
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles
- Toilet Paper.
- Missing Something? Ask Us