- Maximum altitude: 5530 m. (Ishinca summit).
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C.
More than one mountain in Cordillera Blanca since from the same base camp you can summit various mountains. Ishinca is a moderately easy mountain with an easy moraine as well. The view is beautiful and there are two options for the route so ascent and descent can be done via different routes. After summiting Ishinca you can go for maybe the easiest six thousand of this tropical mountain range – Tocllaraju.
DAY 01: HUARAZ – PASHPA – BASE CAMP ISHINCA
Transfer to the trail head Pashpa (3670m) in private bus, where we will meet the donkey drivers, then we will hiking up along the Ishinca Valley, where there is the National Parks control, then after to check in we will have lunch, then we will continue walking arriving to the base camp of Ishinca about 5 hours approximetaly. Then we will check our climbing equipment for the next day, overnight Camping at (4300m).
DAY 02: BASE CAMP – SUMMIT ISHINCA – BASE CAMP
We will wake up very early and have breakfast around 03:00 am, after that we will start hiking at 03:30 am to the glacier, arriving to the glacier after 2 hours half hike, then we will put and use our climbing gears and start climb up to the summit for about 3 hours, getting the summit over (5550m) we will enjoy the nice view for some minutes to take pictures around the valley, there we will see the amazing mountains and nice lakes, then we will start to descend for about 2 hours to the Moraine camp and continue to the Base Camp, arriving around 16:30 pm, overnight camping in the Base Camp at (4300m).
DAY 03: BASE CAMP – PASHPA – HUARAZ
This day we will back to Huaraz after the breakfast around 08:00 am, downhill to Pashpa, before you will register in the Huascaran National Park your return, it will takes 3 hours half to Pashpa where our private transfer will be waiting to transport to Huaraz and then transfer to your hotel, lunch on the way, arriving to Huaraz around 14:00hours.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles