Vallunaraju is one of the most dominant Cordillera Blanca peaks seen from Huaraz The mountain with two horns is easy to identify.
- Maximum altitude: 5686 m. (Vallunaraju summit).
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Duration: 3 days / 2 night.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night – 05°C to – 02°C.
The normal route via north ridge is a moderately easy mountaineering adventure where approach is the hardest part. The climbing is straightforward and rewarding, with lots of sun and great views. Vallunaraju is also one of the most popular peaks on Cordillera Blanca.
DAY 1: HUARAZ – DRIVE TO LLACA VALLEY AND CLIMB UP TO MORAINE CAMP OF VALLUNA (4760M)
After the breakfast in the Hotel the Guide will pick up you at 8:00hours approximately, then you will be transferred to the East site from Huaraz to Llaca Valley, where is the start point hike to the Moraine Camp for about 2 hours and half, during this hike up we will see mountains in the east site like San Juan, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, and few others, arriving to the camp around 13:00hours for lunch, after lunch we will check our climbing equipments for the next day and overnight camping at (4900m).
DAY 2: MORAINE CAMP – MOUNTAIN COURSE– MORAINE CAMP
This day after the breakfast in the Moraine Camp we will start short climb over the rocks for about 25 minutes to get the glacier, where we will put our climbing gears like crampons, harnes, helmet, etc. Than find nice best glacier to practice some climbing rope systems technical climbing on a 70° – 80° degree wall 12, 15 mt. rapelling and some rescue system. then in the afternoon We will return to the Moraine Camp We will have food and Hot Drink, overnight camping in the Moraine.
DAY 3: MORAINE CAMP –SUMMIT – BACK TO HUARAZ
In third day we will leave at 3:00 am approximately, after 4 hours Walking up we will get the Summit of Vallunaraju (5686m), where we can enjoy the nice views of different mountain such as Huascarán, Tocllaraju, Copa, Ranrapalca, Ocshapalca, Huantzan, etc. after the nice views we will start Walking down for about 1 hour half to the Moraine Camp, arriving to the camp for lunch. tents to continue walking down to the road where our transport will be waiting for us to take us back to Huaraz, arriving to Huaraz around 16:00 or 17:00hours. Celebration.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles