- Route: Southwest Face (Normal Route, the French Route)
- Difficulty: Very hard – technique. AD+
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
Alpamayo is one of the most popular technical mountains in Cordillera Blanca. It has been declared one of the most beautiful mountains in the world and this nomination attracts climbers from year to year. Alpamayo is a technical mountain that requires experience, 2 climbing axe and it is recommendable to go with a certified mountain guide. The beautiful wall of Alpamayo is about 60
degrees with a steeper last part – about 70-80 degrees. In the itinerary there is one extra day in case of bad weather or the need to acclimatize more. From the Camp 1 you can also climb Quitaraju (6040m).
DAY 01: HUARAZ 3100M – CASHAPAMPA 2900 M – LLAMACORRAL 3760M.
After the breakfast in the hotel we will aboard in our private bus to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. passing the different districts such as: Carhuaz 2650m, Yungay 2500m, after this city, we will get the Caraz city 2250m, then we will continue our travel to get the last Distrit Cashapampa arriving around 10:00am , where the Donkey Driver will waiting for us to transport our Camping equipments , from here we will start hiking up, after walking 2 hours and half we will have lunch, then we will continue hiking up, after hiking up for 4 or 5 hours we will get the first camp named Llamacorral, arriving around 4pm. Overnight camping at 3760m
DAY 02: LLAMACORRAL – BASE CAMP ARHUAYCOCHA 4300M.
Today we will hike along the valley moderate enjoying the beautiful lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha, turquoise lakes, then we will arrive to nice spot where will have lunch at the place called Quisuar, after it we will climb up to the Alpamayo Base Camp, we will get here early and prepare and check our climbing gears for the next day, overnight at 4300m.
DAY 03: BASE CAMP 4300M – MORAINE CAMP ALPAMAYO 4800M.
After the breakfast we will start climbing up for about 3 hours rocky path and get the Moraine camp, where we will enjoy a splendor views of the mountains Artesonraju, Paria, Pucajirca and others, after the pitch the tents we will check our climbing equipments for the next day and overnight camping over 4800m.
DAY 04: MORAINE CAMP ALPAMAYO- CAMP 1
After breakfast, We will climb the glacier for about 4 hours and half, where we will put our climbing equipments for continue climbing, then we will get the camp and will have dinner later afternoon and rest, overnight camping at 5550m.
DAY 05: CAMP 1- SUMMIT ALPAMAYO 5947M – CAMP 1
Today the breakfast will be at 2 or 3:00am in the morning, and we will start climbing using head lamps, and after 1 hour approx walking in the snow we will get the base of the wall (Ferrari route) the inclination is approximate 75, then we will start climbing the wall, and after 2 or 3 hours climbing we will succeed the summit 5947m, where we will have impressionist white mountain peaks. And after to enjoy for a few minutes we will come dawn rappelling with the help of our guide, arriving to the camp place at 11 or 12 am and just for lunch, and rest in the afternoon, overnight in the glacier at 5550m.
DAY 06: CAMP 01 – BASE CAMP ARHUAYCOCHA
After the breakfast in the Camp 1, we will take the same route to go back to the Moraine Camp, then we will continue go down to the Base Camp, arriving to the Base Camp around 3:00pm and overnight camping in the Base Camp at 4300m.
DAY 07: BASE CAMP – CASHAPAMPA – HUARAZ
Today we will come back walking down hill along the Santa Cruz valley enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha Lake, till Cashapampa, where the transfer will be waiting for us and will have a last stop for lunch, after lunch we will aboard our private transfer to return Huaraz, for about 3 hours and half. Arriving to Huaraz around 4:00pm.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles