- Maximum altitude: 6025 meters (Artesonraju Summit)
- Difficulty: Moderate/Technical
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Day 01: Huaraz to Llama coral at 3760 meters,
Departure from Huaraz at 7am along Callejon de Huaylas until Caraz then we will continue driving on dirt road until Cashapampa village at 2900 meters, where we are going to meet with our donkey drivers. The trek starts here, from Cashapampa to Llama Coral camp site at 6025 meters. Walk time: 4 hours. Drive time 3 hours.
Day 02: Llama Coral camp site to Taullipampa camp 4250 meters.
After our breakfast at 8am will walk up along the Quebrada Santa Cruz to Quisuar then we will walk up on several switchbacks until Taullipampa camp site at 4300 meters. Walk time: 5-6 hours.
Day 03: Taullipampa camp to Artesonraju moraine camp at 4900 meters.
After our breakfast at 8am we will start hiking up toward moraine camp at 4900 meters, on the way we will make a quick stop to have lunch, then we will continue walking up until moraine camp at 4900 meters. Walk time: 5-6 hours.
Day 04: Artesonraju moraine camp to Artesonraju summit at 6025 meters back to Moraine camp.
This day very early at 1am. We cross the glacier between camp and bergschrund at the base of the north ridge, then we follow the ridge climbing until the summit at 6025 meters. From the summit we will have a splendid view of several peaks around us such as: Huandoy, Pisco, Santa Cruz, Garcilazo, Pucajircas, Taulliraju, Alpamayo and the majestic Huascaran. After that we will descent on the same route with rappels until moraine camp, where we will sleep, rest and spend the night. Walk time: 14-15 hours.
Day 05: Llama Coral camp site to Taullipampa camp 4250 meters.
After our breakfast at 8am we will start walking down toward base camp at Taullipámpa at 4250 meters. In the afternoon we will enjoy the amazing sunset. Walk time: 3-4 hours.
Day 06: Taullipampa camp to Cashapampa village at 2970 meters and back to Huaraz.
After our breakfast we will pick up our climbing gear, then we will walk down on the Santa Cruz valley to Cashapampa village at 2970 meters where private transport is waiting for us. Walk time: 6-7 hours.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles