- Maximun altitude: 6768 m. (Huascaran south summit).
- Difficulty: Difficult.
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Mancos village at (2528m) – Musho village at (3005m) – Huascaran base camp at (4200m). (Driving time: 2 hours / walk time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. toward north side of Callejon de Huaylas until Mancos at 2500m, after that we will drive on dirt road until reach Musho village, where we will meet with donkey driver and donkeys, who are going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 4200m. Overnight camp at Huascaran base camp
DAY 2: Huascaran base camp at (4200m) – Moraine camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 3 hours (walk up).
This day after our breakfast at 8:00am, after that we will prepare our climb gear, to start walking up on rocky section toward moraine at 4850m, in this place we will have lunch, and in the afternoon we will enjoy impressive sunset. Overnight camp at Huascaran moraine camp.
DAY 3: Moraine camp at (4850m) – high camp at (5350m). (Climbing time: 5 hours (ascent).
After our earty breakfast we will move on rocky path until reach the glacier edge, then we will traverse until reach the high camp at 5350m. Overnight camp at Huascaran high camp.
DAY 4H high camp at (5350m) – Second high camp at (6010m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent).
After our breakfast we will start climbing up toward col passing on the way up by a little bit dangerous avalanche site until reach the col in the middle of couple peaks, in the afternoon we will enjoy one of the most impressive sunset in whole of Cordillera Blanca. Overnight camp at Huascaran second high camp.
DAY 5: Second high camp at (6010m) – Huascaran south summit peak at (6768m) – Second high camp at (6010m) – high camp at (5350m) – Moraine camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 16 hours (ascent & descent).
This day we will have breakfast very early at 12:00 am then we start walking up on switchbacks with some steep and slope sections, after 7 hours climbing up we will reach the south summit at 6768m, from the summit we will have a breathtaking view to the cordillera Blanca, then we back on the same route up on rappels at difficult parts until reach our camp then we continue descending until moraine camp site. Last night camp at moraine camp.
DAY 6: Moraine camp at (4850m) – Musho at (3050m) – Huaraz. (Climbing time: 5 hours (descent).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will pick up our climbing gears to back until base camp, where our donkey driver is waiting us to load our climb gear until Musho village, where our private transport is waiting us to back Huaraz. En our expeditions.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles