- Maximum altitude: 6534 meters (Chopicalqui Summit)
- Difficulty: Hard
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
- Preferred time: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Day 01: Huaraz to Pisco base camp at 4650 meters
Departure from Huaraz at 7am along Callejon de Huaylas until Caraz then we will continue driving on dirt road until Cashapampa village at 2900 meters, where we are going to meet with our donkey drivers. The trek starts here, from Cashapampa to Pisco base camp at 4650 meters. Walk time: 3-4 hours. Drive time 3 hours.
Day 02: Pisco base camp to Pisco summit at 5752 meters back to Pisco base camp.
After our breakfast at 1:00 we will start walking up toward Pisco summit at 5752 meters, after 3 hours we will pass the rocky moraine, we will be at the glacier edge, after 4 hours climbing up, we will reach the top, on the summit we will see more than 10 summits, which are over 6 thousand meters high including giant mount Huascaran. Then we come back down to base camp. Walk time: 10 hours.
Day 03: Pisco base camp to Chopicalqui base at 4350 meters.
After breakfast at 7am we will pick up our climb gear to walk down until Cebollapampa, from this point we will take a transport service together with our porters. Then we keep going to the big switchback of Chopicalqui, from this point we will walk up until Chopicalqui base camp at 4350 meters. Walk time: 3-4 hours. Drive time : 20 minutes.
Day 4: Chopicalqui base camp to Moraine camp 4850 meters.
At 8am we will start walking up toward Moraine camp a 4850 meters and enjoy sunset there. Walk time: 4-5 hours.
Day 05: Moraine camp to Chopicalqui high camp at 5400 meters.
After our breakfast we will start walking up on he rocky par until edge the ice, then we will continue climbing up by the easy slopes route until we reach Chopicalqui high camp on he southwest ridge. Walk time: 4-5 hours.
Day 06: Chopicalqui high camp a to Chopicalqui summit a 6354 meters back to Chopicalqui moraine camp at 4850 meters.
Summit day, we will have breakfast very early at 1:00 am them we will start climbing up on south west with some steep options of snow and ice, after 6 hours climbing up we will reach he top, from he summit we are going to take the most magnificent pictures, several peaks such as Pisco, Huandoy, Chacraraju, Contrahierbas and Peruvian highest peak Huascaran. Then we will star descending on the same route with rappels on difficult sites to high camp or then to moraine camp. Walk time : 10 hours
Day 7: Chopicalqui moraine camp/ base camp to Huaraz.
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will pick up our climbing gear and we will walk down toward the Chopicalqui curves, where our private transport will be waiting to drive us back to Huaraz. Walk time: 3-4 hours. Drive time 3 hours.
- 3 Meals per day + 2 snacks.
- Breakfast: omelet, pancake, fruit salad, serial, scrambled eggs coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, butter, jam, cheese
- Snack: fresh fruit, chocolates, crackers, cookies, sweets drinks.
- Lunch: salads, soups, rice, chicken, coca tea.
- Tea time: different hot drinking’s, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, crackers, popcorn, pizza, and tequeños.
- Dinner: different kind of soups, salads, main courses, pasta, chicken, trout, beef, vegetarian food, dessert, hot red wine.
- Sleeping tent: Salewa, Doite & King Camp (3 Persons tent, used for 2 persons)
- Sleeping mat: Size, 200 cm X 60 cm X 5 cm
- Kitchen tent (Base Camp)
- Dining ten (Base Camp)
- Toilet tent(Base Camp)
- Certificated Trekking guide (Speaks English/Spanglish)
- Certificated cook
- Group Climbing gear (Crampons, Harness, ice axe, rope, helmet, etc).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Chair, table, stove, gas, plates, caps, forks (Base Camp)
- First aid kit
- Private transport
- Hot water to clean up your hands and face.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink with Typical Peruvian Andean music
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park- 60 Soles
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal Spending
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
- Hiking boots/climbing Boots
- Trekking socks (synthetic fibers)
- Sun hat
- Hat for cold weather (fleece)
- Microfiber shirts and thermal
- Trekking pants
- Day Backpack or advance 40 liters
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Pant (Gore-Tex or other)
- Waterproof Layer
- Headlamp (with extra batteries and bulbs)
- Sunscreen (lips and skin)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Photographic Material
- Wash bag and towel
- Hiking poles